What is the erase_others_personal_data permission in WordPress?
The erase_others_personal_data permission controls access to a menu link inside WordPress:
- Tools > Erase Personal Data:
Users with the erase_others_personal_data will be able to see the “Erase Personal Data” screen. This screen allows you to delete a user's personal data. The eleted data is permanently removed from the database.
Who has the erase_others_personal_data permission?
By default, the erase_others_personal_data permission is only given to Super Users and Administrators.
Users not in these roles are not allowed to erase users' personal data.
How can you control who has the erase_others_personal_data permission?
The erase_others_personal_data permission is not active by default on WordPress sites. You will need to enable the permission before assigning it to user roles.
You can control who has the erase_others_personal_data permission by installing the Capability Manager Enhanced plugin.
- After installing Capability Manager Enhanced, go to Users > Capabilities.
- In the “Select Role to View / Edit” box, choose the role you want to edit.
- In the “Add Capability” box, enter erase_others_personal_data.
- Click “Add to role”.
- Check or uncheck the “manage options” box and the “erase others personal data” box.