What is the edit_private_posts permission in WordPress?
The edit_private_posts permission allows users to edit WordPress Posts if they are in the Private status.
To use this permission, you must have two other capabilities:
- edit_posts (to edit your own Private posts)
- edit_others_posts (to edit your Private posts from other users)
If users have the edit_private_posts permission, they will see the “Edit” link under private Posts.
Who has the edit_private_posts permission?
The edit_private_posts permission is available on single WordPress sites and on multisite networks.
How to control who has the edit_private_posts permission
You can control who has the edit_private_posts permission by installing the PublishPress Capabilities plugin.
- After installing PublishPress Capabilities, go to “Capabilities” in your WordPress admin menu.
- Choose the role you want to edit from the “Select Role to View / Edit” box.
- Check or uncheck the box in the “Posts” row of the “Edit private” column.