How to use Profiles in Advanced Gutenberg
These profiles allow you to control which users can add which Gutenberg blocks. For example, if you want to prevent some users from adding “Table” blocks, you can block them from doing that with this profiles feature.
You can select which blocks in the Blocks list will be available to each profile.
Customize your user profile
To get started, let's take a look at the “Default” profile. This is the profile that you are currently using on the site.
- To set up your own profile, go to “Profiles” and click “Default”.
- You will see the profile configuration for your account.
You can enable/disable blocks in Gutenberg by clicking on them. When you're finished, press the Update List button to update new block icons.
Once saved, the blocks will be available (or not available) in your editor when you create posts.
How to create new user profiles
You can create new profiles for other users. For example, you may want a very limited set of blocks for “Contributors” or “Authors”.
- Go to “Profiles”.
- Click “New Profile”.
- Click “Profile Attribution”.
- Enter a “Profile title”.
- Select any users you want to have this profile.
- Select any user roles you want to have this profile.