What is the pp_manage_roles permission in the PublishPress plugin?
The pp_manage_roles permission allows users to access to the “Roles” screen in the PublishPress plugin. On this screen, they will be able to create new WordPress user roles.
On the “Roles” screen, anyone with the pp_manage_roles permission can:
- Change the name of a role
- Add users to a role.
They can not:
- Create new user roles.
- Change the permissions for a role.
- Remove users from a role.
Who has the pp_manage_roles permission?
The pp_manage_roles permission is available on single WordPress sites and on multisite networks.
Users not in these roles are not allowed to manage roles.
Control who has the pp_manage_roles permission
You can control who has the pp_manage_roles permission by installing the PublishPress Capabilities plugin.
- After installing PublishPress Capabilities, go to “Capabilities” in your admin menu.
- Choose the role you want to edit in “Select Role to View / Edit”.
- Check or uncheck the “pp manage roles” box in the “PublishPress Capabilities” area.