Table of Contents
What is the view_woocommerce_reports permission in WooCommerce? #
view_woocommerce_reports will give a user role access to all WooCommerce reports. A user with this permission will be able to see three menu links. The most important of these is the “Analytics” link.
- Sales reports: They will have full access. This is the old version of the reports screen. These reports are being replaced by the “Analytics” area.
- Analytics: They will have access to full access to this main menu and all sub-menus.
- Marketing: They will have access only to the main screen with promotional links. They will not have access to sub-menu links such as “Coupons”.
Who has the view_woocommerce_reports permission? #
The view_woocommerce_reports permission is available on single WordPress sites and on multisite networks.
By default, view_woocommerce_reports is only available to users in the Shop Manager and Administrator roles.
Users not in these roles are not allowed to view WooCommerce reports.
How to control who has the view_woocommerce_reports permission #
You can control who has the view_woocommerce_reports permission by installing the PublishPress Capabilities plugin.
- After installing PublishPress Capabilities, go to “Capabilities” in your WordPress admin menu.
- Using the dropdown in the top-left corner, choose the role you want to edit.
- Click the “WooCommerce” area.
- Check the box “view woocommerce reports”.
- Click “Save Changes”.