What is the edit_private_pages permission in WordPress?
The edit_private_pages permission allows users to edit WordPress Pages if they are in the Private status.
To use this permission, you must have two other capabilities:
- edit_pages (to edit your own Private pages)
- edit_others_pages (to edit your Private pages from other users)
If users have the edit_private_pages permission, they will see the “Edit” link under private Pages.
Who has the edit_private_pages permission?
The edit_private_pages permission is available on single WordPress sites and on multisite networks.
How to control who has the edit_private_pages permission
You can control who has the edit_private_pages permission by installing the PublishPress Capabilities plugin.
- After installing PublishPress Capabilities, go to “Capabilities” in your WordPress admin menu.
- Choose the role you want to edit from the “Select Role to View / Edit” box.
- Check or uncheck the box in the “Pages” row of the “Edit private” column.