The PublishPress Authors plugin allows you to control who can access the “Authors” screen and create new author profiles.
By default, only Administrators can access this “Authors” screen.
If you want to allow other users to access the “Authors” screen, here's what to do:
- Install the PublishPress Capabilities plugin.
- Click “Capabilities” in your WordPress admin menu.
- Choose the role you want to edit in the top-left corner.
- Look for the “Taxonomies” tab.
- Check the boxes for the “Authors” row.
- Click “Save Changes”.