What is the erase_others_personal_data permission in WordPress?
The erase_others_personal_data permission controls access to a menu link inside WordPress:
- Tools > Erase Personal Data:
Users with the erase_others_personal_data will be able to see the “Erase Personal Data” screen. This screen allows you to delete a user's personal data. The eleted data is permanently removed from the database.
Who has the erase_others_personal_data permission?
Users not in these roles are not allowed to erase users' personal data.
How can you control who has the erase_others_personal_data permission?
The erase_others_personal_data permission is not active by default on WordPress sites. You will need to enable the permission before assigning it to user roles.
You can control who has the erase_others_personal_data permission by installing the PublishPress Capabilities plugin.
- After installing PublishPress Capabilities, go to “Capabilities” in your admin menu.
- In the “Select Role to View / Edit” box, choose the role you want to edit.
- In the “Add Capability” box, enter erase_others_personal_data.
- Click “Add to role”.
- Check or uncheck the “manage options” box and the “erase others personal data” box.