PublishPress Authors allows you to generate PHP versions of your Author Boxes layouts. You can place these layouts inside your theme where you can add further customizations. You can also distribute them as required. For example, some theme designers will include their own layouts for the Author Boxes inside their themes.
- Go to “Authors” then “Authors Boxes” in your WordPress admin menu.
- Edit an existing layout, or create a new layout.
- Go to the “Generate Theme Template” tab.
- Click the “Generate Template” button under the text area.
- Create an empty PHP template file with your desired file slug in the
/publishpress-authors/author-boxes/folder of your theme. For example, the file can be located here:
- Copy the generated code and paste it inside the newly created file.
- This image below shows a finished file inside the TwentyTwentyTwo theme folder.
- Congratulations. Your can now choose your template inside the PublishPress Authors Settings: