Table of Contents
What is the delete_sites permission in WordPress? #
The delete_sites permission allows users to remove sites from a WordPress multisite network.
The delete_sites permission can't be used without the manage_network permission and the manage_sites permission. If a user has all three of these capabilities, they will be able to go to this link:
- My Sites > Network Admin > Sites.
On this screen, the user can click “delete” and remove a site from the network:
Who has the delete_sites permission? #
The delete_sites permission is available only on multisite networks.
By default, the delete_sites permission is only given to Super Admins.
Users not in the Super Admin role are not allowed to remove sites from a network.
Control who has the delete_sites permission #
You can control who has the delete_sites permission by installing the PublishPress Capabilities plugin.
- After installing PublishPress Capabilities, go to “Capabilities” in your admin menu.
- Using the dropdown in the top-left corner, choose the role you want to edit.
- Enter “delete_sites” into the “Add Capability” box.
- Click “Add to role”.
- Check or uncheck the “delete sites” box in the “Additional Capabilities” area.