How to Customize Author Boxes
If you edit a layout, or create a new layout, you will see a screen like the one below.
- Title: The unique name of your layout.
- Author Box Preview: This is a live preview of your layout.
There are multiple ways to configure each layout. Here is an overview of what you can configure in each of the settings:
- Title: This is the title that will show for all the author boxes attached to a post. There is an option to configure the title for a single or multiple authors.
- Avatar: Settings for the appearance of author profile images.
- Display Name: Settings for the display of author names.
- Biographical Info: Settings for the display of the author bio field.
- Meta: Settings for the display of author email, site link, “View all posts” link, and more.
- Author Fields: Control the display of the default author fields: First Name, Last Name, Email, and Website.
- Author Recent Posts: This shows a list of recent posts assigned to each author.
- Box Layout: Settings for the display of the box around each author profile.
- Custom CSS: Insert your own CSS styles for this specific layout.
- Export: Use this data to export your author box design and import it to a new site.
- Import: Paste the editor data from the “Export” tab on another site.
- Generate Theme Template: This enables you to move your layout into a file inside your theme. Click here for more details.
All of these options give you a lot of flexibility when showcasing your authors. For example, all of your authors can have a “Recent Posts” area, as in this screenshot below:
You can also choose to add much more color to your Author Boxes. This example below has simplified many of the author details, and added a colored background.
This next example show an Author Box that has uses rounded corners for the box, avatar, and icons.