How to Publish Revisions on the Frontend
It is possible to preview and then directly publish revisions via the frontend of your WordPress site.
You can do this with the PublishPress Revisions plugin under two conditions:
- You have sufficient permissions to publish revisions.
- You can access the “Preview” link for a revision.
How to access the Preview link
There are multiple ways to acccess the “Preview” link. One option is to go to the “Revisons” screen that is created by Revisionary:
If you have sufficient permissions, you’ll see the “Preview” link.
When looking at a scheduled revision, you’ll have the option to:
- Compare: See the differences betweeh this version and the currently published revision.
- View Published Post: See the currently published revision.
- Edit: Make changes to this revision.
- Publish now: Make this the currently published revision.
The color and options in this toolbar will change based on the status of the revision. For example, this is a scheduled revision: