The PublishPress Capabilities plugin is one of the most popular ways to control permissions for WooCommerce.
One PublishPress user wrote to us and asked this question:
I'm using WooCommerce and want to create a role called “Product Manager” and the only thing I want this role to do is have access to Products.
This is possible with PublishPress Capabilities. You can create a WordPress user who can access WooCommerce products, but nothing else.
Video guide #
Text and screenshot guide #
First, you will need to install WooCommerce and the PublishPress Capabilities plugin.
- Go to “Capabilities” in your WordPress admin menu.
- Select the role in the top left corner. In this case I select Editor.
- Then, choose these capabilities
We're now going to add a new permission to give Product Managers access to the WordPress admin area. Click here for more info on admin area access with WooCommerce.
- Find the “view_admin_dashboard” capability in Woocommerce tab.
- Select the “view admin dashboard” box.
- Click “Save Changes”.
At this point, you can test the new user account: you could use test user from PublishPress Capabilities.
When your new user logs in, all they will see is the “Products” screen and the “Profile” area.