The PublishPress Capabilities Pro plugin is one of the most popular ways to control permissions for WordPress sites.
One of the most popular uses for PublishPress Capabilities Pro is controlling access to the WooCommerce plugin.
One customer asked us if it's possible to allow users to only view the reports and analytics area of WooCommerce.
- Install PublishPress Capabilities Pro
- Go to the “Capabilities” then “Roles” link in your WordPress admin menu.
- Click the “Copy” link under “Shop Manager” role.
- Create a copy of the “Shop Manager” role. I'm choosing to call this a “Reports Manager”.
- Go to “Capabilities” then “Admin Menus”.
- Choose the “Reports Manager” role”.
- Check all the boxes for WooCommerce except for “Analytics” and the reports you want to give access to.
You can now test a user in the role. This is easier to do with the User Switching plugin installed. When you login as your new user, this image below shows what you will see.