Create WooCommerce Users Who Can Only View Reports
The PublishPress Capabilities plugin is one of the most popular ways to control permissions for WordPress sites.
One of the most popular uses for PublishPress Capabilities is controlling access to the WooCommerce plugin.
One customer asked us if it's possible to allow users to only view the “Reports” area of WooCommerce. I'm going to show how this is done, using the “Subscriber” user role.
Text and screenshot guide
- Install PublishPress Capabilities.
- Go to the “Capabilities” link in your WordPress admin menu.
- Use the “Select Role to View / Edit” box in the top-right corner.
- Load the role whose permissions you want to edit.
- Find the “Add Capability” box.
- Enter “view_admin_dashboard”.
- Click “Add to role”.
- Scroll down the page check the boxes for “view admin dashboard” and “view woocommerce reports”
You can now test a user in the “Subscriber” role. This is easier to do with the User Switching plugin installed. When you login as your new user, this image below shows what you will see. The user can access the “Sales reports” and “Analytics” screens, but they will not be able to see any products, or orders.