Advanced Image Block
The Advanced Image block is based on the default Image block in Gutenberg. This improved version of the block has tons of extra features including focal points, overlays, custom text and more.
How to create the Advanced Image block
You can create an Advanced Image block by clicking its button in the Advanced Gutenberg category:
Settings for the Advanced Image block
You can adjust key settings for thee image by using the right sidebar:
- Action on click Open the image in a lightbox, or open a custom URL.
- Link URL: This will send visitor to a new URL if they click on the image.
- Open link in new tab: On/Off
- Image Size: Should the image be displayed as full width, or with a custom height and width.
Focal Point, Overlay and Text
The focal point allows you to choose which part of the image is at the center of the block display. In this settings area, you can also control the image overlay, and any text.
- Focal Point Picker: Select a point to focus on, or choose horizontal/vertical position
- Overlay opacity default
- Overlay opacity hover
- Color Settings:
- Titles color
- Subtitle color
- Overlay color
- Text Alignment:
- Vertical alignment (Top, Center, Bottom)
- Horizontal alignment (Left, Center, Right)