One PublishPress user asked if it if possible to create a role called “Order Manager” in WooCommerce. Users in this role will only have access to Orders in WooCommerce. They will have full Order functionality (see orders, change order status, email invoice etc) but without being able to fully manage anything else in WooCommerce or WordPress.
Yes, it is possible to create a WordPress user who can access WooCommerce orders, but nothing else.
First, you will need to install WooCommerce and the PublishPress Capabilities plugin.
Next, we're going to create a new role called “Order Manager”. We're going to copy the existing “Subscriber” role because it provides a good, basic set of permissions.
- Go to “Capabilities” then “Roles” in your WordPress admin menu.
- Find the “Subscriber” role and click “Copy”.
- Enter “Order Manager” in the box labeled “Role Name”.
- Click “Create Role”.
- Go to “Capabilities” in the WordPress admin area.
- Make sure the “Order Manager” role is selected in the top-left corner.
- In the center of the screen, select all the boxes in the “Orders” row:
We're now going to add a new permission to give Order Managers access to the WordPress admin area. Click here for more info on admin area access with WooCommerce.
- Find the “Add Capability” box.
- Enter “view_admin_dashboard”.
- Click “Add to role”.
- Select the “view admin dashboard” box.
- Click “Save Changes”.
- Now you can add a user to your new “Order Manager” role:
- When your new user logs in, all they will see is the “Orders” screen and the “Profile” area.