Import to PublishPress Authors from Co-Authors Plus
Co-Authors Plus is a popular but older alternative to PublishPress Authors.
This import will bring across all your author profiles. It will also keep track of which posts the authors are associated with.
If you want to migrate your site from the Co-Authors Plus plugin, please follow these steps:
- Try this on a test site before attempting on a live site.
- Start with Co-Authors Plus installed and set up with your author data.
- Go to the “Plugins” screen and install the PublishPress Authors plugin.
- Go to the “Authors” link in your WordPress admin menu, and tthen click “Settings”.
- Click the “Maintenance” tab.
- Click on the button “Copy Co-Authors Plus data” button.
- You will now see a progress bar as your import progresses.
- When the import is finished, click “Deactivate Co-Authors Plus”.
- Go to the “Authors” link in your WordPress admin menu and check to see if the import has worked successfully.
- On the “Plugins” screen, disable the Co-Authors Plus plugin.
Please contact us if you find any issues during the import.
Errors after activating PublishPress Authors?
Please note that you may see an error message if you activate Co-Authors Plus on a site that already has PublishPress installed. The error will look like this
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cap_get_coauthor_terms_for_post()
Unfortunately, we can't fix this on our side Co-Authors, unless we disable the backward compatibility functions for Co-Authors.
It is safe to temporarily have both plugins active on your site. However, both plugins perform the same function so you need to choose either PublishPress Authors or Co-Authors Plus.