What’s the Difference Between PressPermit and Capability Manager Enhanced?
- Capability Manager Enhanced allows you to customize all the default WordPress permissions.
- Press Permit allows you to customize advanced permissions that go beyond the scope of the WordPress core.
Here’s a simple example:
- Capability Manager Enhanced allows you to control who can publish all your Posts.
- PressPermit allows you to control who can publish content with a particular Status, Category or Tag.
Here’s another comparison:
- Capability Manager Enhanced allows you to control who can read all your Pages.
- PressPermit allows you to control who can read individual Pages, Pages with a specific Status, Category or Tag, or even Pages with a particular parent Page.
There are many more differences between the two plugins, but hopefully this gives you a general guide: Capability Manager Enhanced controls the default WordPress permissions and PressPermit goes much deeper.