The PublishPress Authors plugin offers two ways to create author accounts:
- Mapped authors: These are connected to a user account.
- Guest authors: These are not connected to a user account.
In this guide, we'll introduce Mapped authors and show you how to set up profiles for your users.
- Go to “Authors” in your WordPress admin menu.
- Mapped User: Select any existing WordPress account.
- Name: Choose a name for your new author profile.
Once the author profile exists, you'll be able to see both “Edit User” and “Edit Author Profile” links. This tells you that the user is successfully linked to the author profile. Their information will be automatically pulled from the user account and added to the author profile.
When this user logs into the site they will now be able see an “Author Profile” link in the WordPress admin menu.
When writing a post, users will now be to select this new author profile and attach it to posts, as in the image below: