The PublishPress Notifications Log
You can access the Notifications Log screen by going to PublishPress > Notifications Log in your WordPress admin area.
The Notifications Log gives you 100% visibility into who is getting updates about your content.
- “Did my emails go out 2 weeks before the due date of this post?”
- “Are Editors getting emails when a post moves to the “Pending Review” status?”
- “Are the Slack notifications sending whenever any creates a new Draft?”
The Notifications Log will answer all these questions and more for you.
Why add a Notifications Log?
PublishPress is originally a fork of the Edit Flow plugin. When we launched the new version, there were some existing Edit Flow notifications for content updates. However, those notifications couldn’t be easily customized. So we built the Notifications Workflow feature.
Next, we realized that people couldn’t easily see that the correcct notifications were going to the correct users. This was especially true after we added the ability to send “Reminder” emails.
So we built the Notifications Log which allows to see exactly who is getting which notifications.
Details on the Notifications Log
The log will show you 6 key pieces of information about each notification
- Post: Which post is involved with this notification?
- Workflow: Which workflow is controlling the notification?
- Action: What triggered the notification? A new editorial comment? A status change?
- Receiver: Which users received the notification?
- Channel: Email or Slack?
- Status: Was the notification sent successfully? You’ll either see a green checkmark or a red X.