The Pro version of the PublishPress Capabilities plugin allows to you block access to any URL in the WordPress admin area.
In this example, we will block access to the Settings screen in PublishPress Series.
- Go to “Capabilities” and then “Admin Features”.
- Choose the user role for which you want to hide the search box.
- Give a Label to this setting.
- Enter the URL of the screen you want to block.
- Click “Add”.
- Log in to your site as a user in the role you have blocked. When you try to access the URL, you will see the message, “You do not have permission to access this page.”