Advanced Table Block
The Advanced Table block is based on the default Table block in Gutenberg. This improved version of the block has tons of extra table features including advanced styling such as margin, padding, alignment, colors and more.
How to create the Advanced Table block
You can create a table by clicking the Advanced Table button in the Advanced Gutenberg category.
Rows, columns and cells in the Advanced Table block
You can edit the table after setting the number of columns and rows. The options include:
- Add Row Before
- Add Row After
- Delete Row
- Add Column Before
- Add Column After
- Delete Column
- Split Merged Cells
- Merge Cells
Settings for the Advanced Table block
More table settings can be modified in the right sidebar:
- Max width: Set this to 0 to make max-width equivalent to 100%
- Fixed width table cells: Enabled or disabled.
- Table header: Enabled or disabled.
- Table footer: Enabled or disabled.
- Border collapsed: Enabled or disabled.
- Color Settings:
- Background Color
- Text Color
- Border Style
- Border Width
- Border Color
- Padding Top
- Padding Right
- Padding Bottom
- Padding Left
- Text Alignment:
- Horizontal Align
- Vertical Align
Default settings for all your Advanced Table blocks
You can set default options for every Advanced Table block added to your site. This is possible with the Default Blocks Config feature and it allows you to create a consistent look-and-feel for all your tables.
- Go to Adv. Gutenberg in your WordPress admin menu.
- Click Configuration, then Default Blocks Config.
- Click Advanced Table.