Columns Manager Block
The Columns Manager block is based on the default Columns block in Gutenberg. This new version of the block has many extra features including extra layout options, padding, margins and much more.
Creating a Columns Manager Block
If you want to create a block containing other blocks inside, you should choose Columns Manager in PublishPress Blocks category. The image below shows how the block will appear when you're adding it to your site:
Adding blocks to columns
Then you can add any types of block you want in each column.
In the image below, you see see a column manager block that includes 2 columns. The left column uses an Advanced Image and the right column uses a default Paragraph block, plus an Advanced List block.
Column Settings for the Column Manager block
In the right sidebar, you can adjust the settings of Column Manager block.
- Responsive Settings: Choose different layouts for Desktop, Tablet, and Mobile displays.
- Space between columns: Choose how many pixels show in the gap between each column.
- Padding: Top, Right, Left and Bottom
- Margin: Top, Right, Left and Bottom
Row settings for the Column Manager block
- Columns Wrapped: If this is enabled, any overflowing columns will be moved to a new line.
- Wrapper Tag: This HTML tag will wrap each row. You can choose Div, Header, Main, …
- Content Max Width: You can choose either px, v or %.
- Content Min Height: You can choose either px, v or %.
- Content Max Height: You can choose either px, v or %.
Default settings for all your Column Manager blocks
You can set default options for every Column Manager block added to your site. This is possible with the Default Blocks Config feature and it allows you to create a consistent look-and-feel for all your layouts.
- Go to PublishPress Blocks in your WordPress admin menu.
- Click Configuration, then Default Blocks Config.
- Click Columns Manager.