Submit Revisions for Unpublished Posts
- Go to “Revisions” then “Settings in your WordPress admin menu.
- Check the box for “Revision Submission for Unpublished Posts”
- Now go to edit a post that has not been published yet.
- Click the “Publish” button and you'll see a “Pending Revision” box.
- Check the “Pending Revision” box.
- Click the “Save Revision” button.
Congrats, you have now created a revision for an unpublished post. You can see this revision in the “Revision Queue”:
On the frontend of the site, when you preview the revision, you'll be able to see this bar. Click “Approve” to accept the changes to your unpublished post.