What is the create_sites permission in WordPress?
The create_sites permission allows users to add new sites to a WordPress multisite network.
- My Sites > Network Admin > Sites.
On this screen, the user can click “Add New” and create new sites for the network:
Who has the create_sites permission?
The create_sites permission is available only on multisite networks.
By default, the create_sites permission is only given to Super Admins.
Users not in the Super Admin role are not allowed to add sites to a network.
Control who has the create_sites permission
You can control who has the create_sites permission by installing the PublishPress Capabilities plugin.
- After installing PublishPress Capabilities, go to “Capabilities” in your admin menu.
- Using the dropdown in the top-left corner, choose the role you want to edit.
- Enter “create_sites” into the “Add Capability” box.
- Click “Add to role”.
- Check or uncheck the “create sites” box in the “Additional Capabilities” area.