The “Teaser” feature in PublishPress Permissions Pro is useful if you want to give users details about content they are not allowed to see.
This guide will show you how to set up a Teaser. You can use it encourage users to join your site.
- Install the PublishPress Permissions Pro plugin.
- Go to “Posts” and edit a post.
- Scroll down to the “Permissions: Read this Post” box. In the image below, my post is called “This Post is for Members Only” and the box is under the post.
- Set “Not Logged In” to “Blocked” as in the image below. This means that visitors who are not logged-in will NOT be able to see this content.
- Go to Permissions > Teaser.
- Go to the new “Teaser Type” tab.
- Choose “Configured Teaser Text” for the “Post” option.
- Click “Save Changes”.
- Save your PublishPress Permissions Pro settings.
- As a logged-out visitor, go to the post that you restricted access to at the beginning of this guide. The best way to do this is by opening a private window in your browser, or opening a new browser. This image below shows what you'll see. The logged-out visitor will see the message “Sorry, you don't have access to this content. Please log in or contact a site administrator for help.”