How to Move from Free to Pro Plugins
We have 6 plugins here at PublishPress. Each plugin has a Free and Pro version:
- Every Free version is on WordPress.org.
- Every Pro version is behind a paywall for PublishPress members.
You are using the Free version if you see a message like this in your WordPress admin area:
If you have the Free version of a plugin installed, here's how to update to the Pro version. This upgrade is 100% safe and you will not lose any data or settings.
- Download the Pro version from your WordPress.org account.
- Go to the “Plugins” screen in your WordPress site.
- Click “Add New”.
- Install the Pro version of your plugin.
- Click the “Deactivate” link for the Free version.
In the image below, the Free and Pro version of PublishPress Capabilities are installed. The Free version is disabled and the Pro version is activated.
Test your site to make sure everything is working correctly. If everything is OK, you can click the “Delete” button for the Free version,