How to Migrate from PressPermit Core to PressPermit Pro
In June 2019, we moved the PressPermit plugin over to PublishPress.com. This is part of an acquisition involving several plugins.
During the move, we also simplified how PressPermit works.
Before June 2019, there was a single “Press Permit Core” plugin and then over a dozen different extensions. Now all the extensions have been combined into one package called “PressPermit Pro“.
How to Update to PressPermit Pro
If you were a PressPermit user before June 2019, here’s how to update to the new PressPermit Pro.
- Backup your site. The codebase is 99% the same as the older version, but it’s always a good habit to backup before updating.
- Download PressPermit Pro from your account here at PublishPress.com.
- Install the new PressPermit Pro plugin, but don’t activate it immediately.
- Deactivate the Press Permit Core plugin.
- Activate the PressPermit Pro plugin.
- Deactivate all your PressPermit extensions.
- Check your site to make sure everything is working correctly.
- Delete the old Press Permit Core plugin, plus the extensions.
If you need help during any of these steps, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
How to Rollback Your PressPermit Update
If anything goes wrong with your update, here’s how you can temporarily roll back to PressPermit Core: