How to Configure Notifications for Slack
The Pro version of PublishPress allows you to send notifications about content changes via Slack.
These settings are available from PublishPress > Settings > Slack.
To configure the Slack option, we need to fill in three different options:
- Service URL
Step #1. Enter the Service URL
This URL is used to hook to the Slack API to send messages. The URL follows this pattern:
You can generate a new URL following the steps:
- Log in on https://my.slack.com/apps.
- Access the page: https://my.slack.com/services/new/incoming-webhook/.
- Click on “Choose a channel…” and select an existent channel. You can create a new one if you want.
- Click on “Add Incoming WebHooks Integration”.
- Copy the new WebHook URL.
- Go back to the Slack add-on tab and paste the URL:
Step #2. Enter Username
You can choose anything you want for this option. This is the username displayed in the notification.
Step #3. Enter Channel
This is the Slack channel that notifications will be sent to. You should use an existing channel or username.
- For channels, use the prefix #
- For usernames, use the prefix @
Selecting Post Types for Notifications
In the “General” tab of PublishPress settings, you can choose which post types have notifications enabled: