PublishPress Revisions allow you to customize who can create and edit revisions. In this guide, we'll show you how to customize permissions for user roles. We will decide the permissions for users roles in each post type.
- Install the PublishPress Capabilities plugin.
- Go to the “Capabilities” screen.
- In the top-left corner, choose the role you want to edit under “Select Role to View/Edit”.
- Look in the center of the screen for the “Editing” area.
Here's how to use these permissions:
- Edit Published: if this box is checked, users can edit published content and create revisions.
- Publish: if this box is checked, users can make their changes live without moderation.
In this example, we want a role that can create revisions, but not publish them. Here's what to do:
- Edit: Green checkmark
- Edit Others: Green checkmark
- Publish Red X