Customize Permissions in PublishPress Revisions
PublishPress Revisions allow you to customize who can create and edit revisions. In this guide, we'll show you how to customize permissions for user roles. We will decide the permissions for users roles in each post type.
- Install the PublishPress Capabilities plugin.
- Go to Users > Capabilities.
- In the right sidebar, choose the role you want to edit under “Select Role to View/Edit”.
- Look in the center of the screen for the “Editing Capabilities” area.
Here's how to use these permissions:
- Edit Published: if this box is checked, users can edit published content and create revisions.
- Publish: if this box is checked, users can make their changes live without moderation.
So if you want to modify a role so it can create revisions, but not publish them, here's what to do:
- Edit: Yes / green checkmark
- Edit Others: Yes / green checkmark
- Published: No / red X