The PublishPress Permissions plugin creates and uses database tables on your site. This is a high-level overview of those tables.
Database tables #
Here are all PublishPress Permissions database tables that could be present on your site. This includes both the Free and Pro versions. Most sites will not have all these tables.
pp_circles pp_conditions pp_groups pp_group_members ppc_roles ppc_exceptions ppc_exception_items ppi_errors ppi_imported ppi_runspp_circles pp_conditions pp_groups pp_group_members ppc_roles ppc_exceptions ppc_exception_items ppi_errors ppi_imported ppi_runs
Options in the wp_options table #
You can identify options created by the PublishPress Permissions plugin. You will will find them in the wp_options table with these prefixes:
You may also find these options:
pp_c_version pp_support_key pp_wp_role_sync ppcc_version ppce_version ppi_version ppm_version ppp_version pps_version ppsync_version
The ppc_exceeptions table #
Here is a detailed breakdown of the ppc_exceptions table which controls many key features in PublishPress Permissions:
- agent_type: user / pp_group / bp_group / etc.
- agent_id: ID of user or group who the exception is applied to.
- for_item_source: data source of items which are affected by the exception.
- for_item_type: which post or taxonomy type (post / page / category / etc) is affected by the exception (nullstring means all types that use specified for_item_source).
- for_item_status: posts of this status (or other property) are affected by the exception. Storage is “post_status:private” (nullstring means all stati)
- operation: read / edit / assign / parent / revise / etc.
- mod_type: include / exclude / additional.
- via_item_source: data source of the item which triggers the exception (if for_item_type is page, via_item_source could be term).
- via_item_type: post type or taxonomy which triggers the exception (Needed for when post exceptions are based on term assignment. Nullstring means redundant / not applicable).
- assigner_id: ID of user who stored the exception.