PublishPress Revisions enables users to safely make changes to published content. PublishPress Revisions offers a safe space for users to work on content updates. When the changes are ready, they can ask for approval to publish the update. Administrators can approve or reject the changes. They can also schedule them to go live in the future.
This “Revisions Queue” screen shows you the revisions that have been submitted. You can see posts in various statuses:
- Not Submitted: Users are still working on these updates.
- Submitted: These updates are waiting for approval.
- Scheduled: These changes are waiting to go live on a future date.
If a user has sufficient permissions, they will see the “Preview” link for a revision.
They will be taken to the front of your site and you will see a toolbar across the screen. This will have several options. These are the options for a pending revision:
- View Queue: Go back to the Revision Queue.
- Compare: See the differences between this version and the currently published revision.
- View Published Post: See the currently published post.
- Edit: Make changes to this revision.
- Publish now: Make this the currently published revision.
The color and options in this toolbar will change based on the status of the revision. For example, this is a scheduled revision:
This next image shows a post that is unsubmitted and is still being worked on: