How to Schedule Revisions
Here's how to create a scheduled revision:
- Go to the main “Posts” area in WordPress.
- Edit a Post that has the “Published” status.
- Make some changes to the main content area.
- In the right sidebar, find the “Publish” date, as in the image below:
- Change this option to a date in the future. This is going to be when your scheduled revision goes live.
- If you change the date to the future, the “Update” button will change to “Schedule Revision”.
- You will now see the message, “Your modification was saved as a Scheduled Revision” as in the image below.
- Click the “View Revision Queue” link.
On the “Revision Queue” screen and you'll see your scheduled revision:
If you click the “Preview” link on the “Revision Queue”, you will see a moderation toolbar. If this toolbar has a grey color, the revision is scheduled. You will also see the message, “This is a Scheduled Revision”.
Email Notifications for Scheduled Revisions
Do you want to get notified when the scheduled revisions go live? Go to Revisions > Settings again. There is an option to email Editors and Administrators when the post goes live. Click here for more on notifications.