Table of Contents
The PublishPress Series plugin provides two widgets you can use to display your series:
- Series Table of Contents
- Latest Series
In this guide, we'll show you how to use the Series Table of Contents widget. This image shows the widget with many features enabled:
Series Table of Contents Widget #
This widget has many features and it will take us several screenshots to cover them all:
- Title: Enter what you want to appear as the title of this section in the sidebar.
- Show Series Table of Content: This allows to hide the widget without removing it.
- Dropdown/List: This controls how the items in the series will appear on your site.
- Show Post Count: If checked, the number of posts in the series will be located next to each series title in the list.
- Hide Empty Series: If checked, any series that doesn't have any posts associated with it yet will not be included in the list.
- Order by: This allows you to choose how the series are ordered.
- Order: This expands on the previous setting. For example, if you chose “name”, you can now choose “Descending” to sort the posts from A to Z.
- Exclude series: You can choose to hide some series from this widget.
- Include series: You can actively include only the series you chose here.
- Number of Series: You can define how many series will appear.
- Offset: This follows on from the previous setting. If you choose 2, the first two series in order will not be displayed.
- Show other posts in the current series: If checked, when you are on a single post page that is part of a series a list of other posts in that series will display in the widget.
- Series: This will show specific posts from a series that you select.
- Series widget title: This follows on from the previous settings and is the title shown above posts in the selected series.