What is the export_others_personal_data permission in WordPress?
The export_others_personal_data permission controls access to a menu link inside WordPress:
- Tools > Export Personal Data:
Users with the export_others_personal_data permission will be able to see the “Export Personal Data” screen. This screen can generate a file containing all the personal data which exists about a user in your WordPress site.
Note: the export_others_personal_data permission can not work by itself. The user will also need the manage_options permission.
Who has the export_others_personal_data permission?
Users not in these roles are not allowed to export users' personal data.
How can you control who has the export_others_personal_data permission?
The export_others_personal_data permission is not active by default on WordPress sites. You will need to enable the permission before assigning it to user roles.
You can control who has the export_others_personal_data permission by installing the PublishPress Capabilities plugin.
- After installing PublishPress Capabilities, go to “Capabilities” in your admin menu.
- Using the dropdown in the top-left corner, choose the role you want to edit.
- In the “Add Capability” box, enter export_others_personal_data.
- Click “Add to role”.
- Check or uncheck the “manage options” box and the “export others personal data” box.