How to Change Author Pages URLs
WordPress automatically creates URLs for every author. This is so you can easily find posts written by that author.
With the PublishPress Authors plugin we try to keep close to the WordPress core features, so we also create URLs in our plugin too.
Sometimes you may want to change the URL for an author profile in PublishPress Authors. For example, the URLs may not exactly match thte default WordPress URLs. You can change the URLs using the Edit Author Slug plugin.
- Install and activate the Edit Author Slug plugin.
- Go to “Users” in your WordPress admin menu.
- Edit the user whose URL you want to change.
- Scroll down and you'll be able to change the author's URL in this area:
You will also need to update the URL inside PublishPress Authors.
- Go to “Authors” in your WordPress admin menu.
- Notice that the “Author URL” is in the right column:
- Click “Edit Author Profile” to edit the author whose URL you want to change.
Look at the “Author URL” box to see if it's correct. If it's not correct, try this:
- Choose the user again under “Mapped User”.
- Click “Update”.
- Check the “Author URL” box again and the URL should be updated.
URLs not working correctly?
If your author URLs aren't working after this change, go to Settings > Permalinks and click “Save Changes”. This will refresh the links on your site.