How to Change Author URLs
WordPress automatically creates URLs for authors. .This is so you can easily find posts written by a single author.
With the PublishPress Authors plugin we try to keep close to the WordPress core features, so this happens for authors in our plugin too.
If you want to change the URL for an author profile in PublishPress Authors, you can do this using the Edit Author Slug plugin.
- Install and activate the Edit Author Slug plugin.
- Go to “Users” in your WordPress admin menu.
- Edit the user whose URL you want to change.
- Scroll down and you'll be able to change the author's URL in this area:
You will also need to update the URL inside PublishPress Authors.
- Go to “Authors” in your WordPress admin menu.
- Notice that the “Author URL” is in the right column:
- Click “Edit Author Profile” to edit the author whose URL you want to change.
Look at the “Author URL” box to see if it's correct. If it's not correct, try this:
- Choose the user again under “Mapped User”.
- Click “Update”.
- Check the “Author URL” box again and the URL should be updated.