Control Access to the Notifications Area
It is possible to control who can access the “Notifications” area of PublishPress and create new notifications.
Notifications is implemented as a custom post type. This means that permissions for Notifications are similar to permissions for Posts and Pages.
- Install the PublishPress Capabilities plugin.
- Go to the “Capabilities” link in your WordPress admin menu.
- In the “Type-Specific Capabilities” box, check “Notifications”.
- Click “Update”.
- Use the “Select Role to View / Edit” box to choose the role you want to edit.
- In the center of the screen, you can now use the “Edit” column to control access to the “Notifications”.
Now when a user in the Subscriber role visits the Notifications screen, they will see the “Add New” button to create new Notifications.