Table of Contents
There are four different displays that your visitors may see in PublishPress Series. Click here to see details of all four displays.
In this guide, we'll introduce the display for a single post in a series. This display is a default WordPress post, with extra features added by PublishPress Series. You can see an example in the image below:
The settings for this display are controlled by going to Series > Display in your WordPress admin menu.
- Display series post list box? This shows a list of all the posts in the series.
- Maximum number of items in Series Post List: This allows you to narrow down the number of posts shown if you have a long series with many posts.
- Display series navigation links? This shows “Previous” and “Next” links so users can navigate to other posts in the series.
- Display series meta information: Series Meta shows information about where this post in the series. For example, Series Meta may say “This entry is Part 2 of 3 in the series”.
- Use PublishPress Series CSS styles? PublishPress Series comes with it's own .css options. You can uncheck this option and include all your series related .css in the “styles.css” file in your theme directory. “
Customizing the Display for Single Posts #
If you want to get into the code and customize with the display of the single posts, these guides can help: