How to Add Custom Fields to Multiple Authors
It is possible to expand the Author profiles for the Multiple Authors plugin.
By default, Multiple Authors allows you to enter basic user details for each author (First Name, Last Name, Avatar, Email, Website, Bio).
You can now also add your own fields to author profiles. The current field options are Text, Multiline Text, WYSIWYG Editor, Link and Email.
Step #1. Add a new field
- Go to Authors > Fields.
- Click “New Author Field”.
- Enter a title for your field. In the image below, I choose “Personal Website”.
- Enter a “Field Slug”. This is key because it is how you will add your field to the frontend layout.
- Choose a “Field Type”.
- You can also enter a description. This appears under the fields in the admin area and helps users understand their choice.
Step #2. Use the fields
- Go to “Authors” in your WordPress admin.
- Click “Edit Author Profile” for an author.
- Fill in your new fields.
Step #3. Add the field to your layout
The final step in adding fields is to include them in your frontend layout. This guide shows you to customize layouts.