How to Add Custom Fields
It is possible to expand the Author profiles for the PublishPress Authors plugin with custom fields. This is a feature of the Pro version.
By default, PublishPress Authors allows you to enter basic user details for each author:
- First Name
- Last Name
If you’re using the PublishPress Authors Pro, you can add your own fields to author profiles. The current field options are:
- Multiline Text
- WYSIWYG Editor
Step #1. Add a new field
- Go to Authors > Fields.
- Click “New Author Field”.
- Enter a title for your field. In the image below, I choose “Personal Website”.
- Enter a “Field Slug”. This is key because it is how you will add your field to the frontend layout.
- Choose a “Field Type”.
- You can also enter a description. This appears under the fields in the admin area and helps users understand their choice.
Step #2. Use the fields
- Go to “Authors” in your WordPress admin.
- Click “Edit Author Profile” for an author.
- Fill in your new fields.
Step #3. Add the field to your layout
The final step in adding fields is to include them in your frontend layout. This guide shows you to customize layouts.