Table of Contents
It is possible to expand the Author profiles for the PublishPress Authors plugin with custom fields. This is a feature of the Pro version.
By default, PublishPress Authors allows you to enter basic user details for each author:
- First Name
- Last Name
If you're using PublishPress Authors Pro, you can add your own fields to author profiles. The current field options are:
- Multiline Text
- WYSIWYG Editor
Step #1. Add a new field #
- Go to Authors > Author Fields.
- Click “New Author Field”.
- Enter a title for your field. In the image below, I choose “Personal Website”.
- Enter a “Field Slug”. This is key because it is how you will add your field to the frontend layout.
- Choose a “Field Type”.
- You can also enter a description. This appears under the fields in the admin area and helps users understand their choice.
Step #2. Enter data for the new field #
- Go to “Authors” in your WordPress admin.
- Click “Edit Author Profile” for an author.
- Fill in your new field.
Step #3. Add the field to your layout #
The final step in adding fields is to include them in your Author Box.
- Go to “Authors” then “Author Boxes”.
- Go to the “Author Fields” tab.
- In this area, you can enable and customize each field. For example, in this screenshot below we are enabling the “Twitter” field and setting it to show as a “link”.