Add More Users to Revisions Notificcations
By default, emails will go to Administrators, Editors, and the original author of the content. This guide explains the default notifications.
Let's see how to add new authors so that they receive notifications:
- Install the PubishPress Permissions Pro plugin.
- Go to “Users” in the WordPress admin menu.
- Click “Edit” for the user who wants to receive notification emails.
- Scroll down and look for the “Permission Groups” boxes.
- Check the boxes for the [Pending Revision Monitors] and [Scheduled Revision Monitors] groups.
- This user will now receive emails from PublishPress Revisions.
One thing to note is that users will only receive the notification if they have full editing permissions for the post that's being revised.
If you think about it, this makes sense … what's the point of getting the notification if you can't see or edit the revision?
This means that not everyone in the [Pending Revision Monitors] or [Scheduled Revision Monitors] groups will automatically receive all notification emails.