You can create an PublishPress Accordion block when you need to display a lot of content in a small area. Your site visitors will be able to click on accordion bars that slide out to reveal content.
Video guide to PublishPress Accordion block
How to create the PublishPress Accordion block
You can create an PublishPress Accordion block by clicking the “Accordion – PublishPress” button in the PublishPress Blocks category. When you first create this block, you will see 2 accordion elements displayed by default.
Settings for the PublishPress Accordion block
Once created, you can adjust the header, body or border options from the right sidebar.
- Accordion Settings:
- Bottom spacing: Define the space between each accordion (this will only show on the frontend).
- Initial Collapsed: Make all accordions collapsed by default.
- Header Settings
- Header Icon Style
- Color Settings: Background Color, Text Color and Icon Color
Border settings for the PublishPress Accordion block
The PublishPress Accordion block also allows you to customize the borders of the accordion areas:
- Body Color Settings
- Background Color
- Text Color
- Border Settings
- Border Style: solid, dashed or dotted
- Color Settings
- Border width, radius
Anchor support (Pro)
You can add custom anchors to the accordions, and open an accordion through a URL.
- Add the anchor through Advanced > HTML anchor
- In frontend, open the post/page link by attaching the custom anchor. As example:
Important: the anchor must be a unique id.
Default settings for all your PublishPress Accordion blocks
You can set default options for every PublishPress Accordion block added to your site. This is possible with the Default Blocks Config feature and it allows you to create a consistent look-and-feel for all your accordions.
Go to Blocks in your WordPress admin menu, then PublishPress Blocks.
Click Accordion settings icon.
Adjust the default settings and save.