Getting Started with PublishPress Revisions
This is a guide to getting started using PublishPress Revisions.
PublishPress Revisions enables users to safely make changes to published content. PublishPress Revisions offers a safe space for users to work on content updates. When the changes are ready, they can ask for approval to publish the update. Administrators can approve or reject the changes. They can also schedule them to go live in the future.
How to create your first revision
- Install the PublishPress Revisions plugin.
- You should see a “Revisions” link in your WordPress admin menu:
- Go to the “Posts” or “Pages” link in your WordPress admin menu.
- Find a post that is marked as “Published”.
- Hover over the post or page that you want to update, and click the “New Revision” link.
- You wll
- Make a change to this published post. The change can be as simple as adding some text.
- Check the “Submit Revision” box in the right sidebar,.
- Click “Save Revision”.
- You'll see a message that your modification has been submitted. If you want, you can keep editing the revision. When you want to save new changes, click the purple “Update Revision” button.
Here's how to see your revisions:
- Click “Revisions” in the WordPress admin menu.
- You'll be take to the “Revision Queue” feature in PublishPress Revisions. This is where all submitted revisions wait to be approved.
- Underneath each revision you can choose from several options: Edit, Delete, Preview and Compare.
- If you click “Preview” you will go the front of the site and have several options.
- Click “View Queue” and you'll be back on the Revisions Queue” screen.
- Click “View Published Post” and you'll see the version of this post that is live on the site.
- Click “Edit” to make more changes to the revision.
- Click “Publish now” to make the new changes live on the site.
- If you click “Compare”, you'll see a side-by-side comparison of the new revision and the currently published post: