Getting Started with PublishPress Revisions
Thanks for the using the PublishPress Revisions plugin. This is a quick start guide to using PublishPress Revisions.
There is much more to PublishPress Revisions than we can cover in this one tutorial. But this guide will get you up-and-running with this very useful plugin.
How to create your first revision
- Installing the PublishPress Revisions plugin.
- You should see a Revisions link in your WordPress admin area:
- Go to the “Posts” link.
- Find a post that is marked as “Published”. PublishPress Revisions will only work for published posts.
- Click “Edit” for your published post.
- Make a change to this published post. The change can be as simple as adding some text.
- Check the “Pending Revision” box in the top right corner.
- Click “Save Revision”.
- You'll see a message that your modification has been saved for editorial review.
- Click “View Revision Queue”.
You'll be take to the “Revision Queue” feature in PublishPress Revisions. This is where all submitted revisions wait to be approved.
Underneath each revision you can choose from several options: Edit, Delete, Preview and Compare.
If you click “Preview” you will go the front of the site and have several options:
If you click “Compare”, you'll see a side-by-side comparison of the new revision and the currently published post:
What can users do with PublishPress Revisions?
PublishPress Revisions offers different permissions to different user roles:
- “Contributors” can submit revisions to their own published posts.
- “Revisors” can submit revisions to posts and pages published by others.
- “Authors”, “Editors” and “Administrators” can approve revisions or schedule their own revisions.