Installing PublishPress on a Multisite Network
PublishPress has been fully tested on WordPress multisite networks and will work smoothly.
Currently it's not possible to use PublishPress to share and manage content across a multisite network, but we are working on that feature. At the moment, PublishPress can be network activated on your multisite setup, but it can manage content only on single sites.
Let's show you how to install PublishPress on a multisite network.
Understanding a Multisite Network
There are three key parts to a multisite network.
- Network Admin: This is the control panel for your multisite network.
- Main Site: This is the central WordPress site. It will be located at your main domain name, for example: publishpress.com
- Sites: These are the sub-sites that form your network. They will be located at publishpress.com/subsite or at subsite.publishpress.com.
Installing Plugins on a Multisite Network
Plugins can only be installed from the “Network Admin” area
- Go to “My Sites”, then “Network Admin”.
- Click “Plugins”.
- Click the “Add New” button.
- Here you can install the main PublishPress plugin, or click “Upload Plugin” to install PublishPress add-ons.
- After installing plugins you will see this screen below. If you click “Network Activate” then you won't be able to see the “Delete” button.
Now that the plugins are installed, you can decide how to make them available to the sites in your network.