Technical Requirements for PublishPress Plugins
We highly recommend that any website using PublishPress plugins also uses PHP 5.6.
Why PHP 5.6? Because PHP itself does not support anything lower than 5.6. Click here for more details on PHP version support. Any version of PHP before 5.6 does not have security updates and will not keep your site safe.
- Database: MySQL version 5.6 or greater or MariaDB version 10.0 or greater.
- Server: We recommend Apache or Nginx as the most robust and secure server for running WordPress, but any server that supports PHP and MySQL will do.
For the official WordPress recommendations, please check here.
Does my site meet the requirements?
If you are unsure of what version of PHP and other software that your site is using, you can go use this tip:
- Go to Tools > Site Health in your WordPress admin menu.
- After installing the Health Check plugin, go to Dashboard, then “Health Check”. This screen will give any important news about your PHP version.
- You can also find the specific details of your server version by clicking the “Info” tab:
- Scroll down to the “Server” area for all the details: