Images Slider Block
If you want to show multiple images in a slider / slideshow, then the Images Slider Block is a great option. This Gutenberg block has advanced features including overlays, auto height, text, color and alignment options.
This is a general guide to the Images Sliders block. You can also click here for slider tutorial.
How to add an Images Slider block
Click the Images Slider button in the Advanced Gutenberg category.
Adding images to an Images Slider block
These next steps will help you choose the images for your block:
- After creating an Images Slider block, click the blue Add images button.
- Upload or search for the images you want to use.
- Click on all the the images you want to add to your slider.
- Click the Select button.
- You can now input the Title and Text for each image.
You can add, rearrange and remove images using the toolbar below the Title and Text fields.:
- Add images: Click the large + button.
- Remove images: Click the large red X next to an image.
- Rearrange images: Click the left and right arrows on each image.
Settings for the Images Slider block
You can edit the settings for your slider on the right sidebar:
- Action on click: None, Open image in lightbox, or Open custom link.
- Full width: Enabled or disabled.
- Auto height: Enabled or disabled.
- Always show overlay: Enabled or disabled.
- Enable RTL: Enabled or disabled.
- Hover Color
- Title Color
- Text Color
- Vertical Alignment
- Horizontal Alignment
Default settings for your Images Slider blocks
You can set default options for every Images Slider block added to your site. This is possible with the Default Blocks Config feature and it allows you to create a consistent look-and-feel for all your sliders / slideshows.
- Go to Adv. Gutenberg in your WordPress admin menu.
- Click Configuration, then Default Blocks Config.
- Click Images Slider.