This guide will show you how to use the “Capabilities” screen in the PublishPress Capabilities plugin. This screen allows you to change the permissions for any WordPress user role.
- To start changing permissions, go to “Capabilities”, then “Capabilities” in your WordPress admin menu.
- Look in the top-left corner for the user role you want to edit:
- Look in the center of the screen. Here you can either check or uncheck the box for all the permissions on your WordPress site.
You can either enter a checkmark, leave the box blank, or you can click the red “X” to deny these permissions. Here is the difference between those options.
- Checkmark: This user role does have this capability.
- Empty box: This user role does not have this capability. However, users in this role can be given this capability if they are added to a second role.
- Red X: This user roles does not have this capability, and anyone in this roe can not be given the capability, even if they are added to second role.
PublishPress Capabilities won't save your permissions automatically. Click the “Save Changes” button to make sure your changes are applied.