Ways to Expire Posts
The PublishPress Future plugin offers several choices for what to do with your posts when they are unpublished.
Change the status
Three of the available options will change the status of your post.
- Draft: move your post to the “Draft” status.
- Trash: move your post to the “Trash” tab.
- Private: move your post to the “Private” status.
Delete the post entirely
One option is only to be used with extreme caution:
- Delete: completely remove the post from your site.
Change the Sticky option
Two of the options will change an option on your post:
- Stick: Enable the “Stick to the top of the blog” option.
- Unstick: Disable the “Stick to the top of the blog” option.
Change the Categories
Three of the options will modify the categories on your post:
- Categories: Replace: remove all existing categories, and add new categories.
- Categories: Add: keep all existing categories, and add new categories.
- Categories: Remove: keep all existing categories, except for those specified in this change.