How to Use Workflow Statuses
With PublishPress Permissions Pro, you can create workflow statuses for your content.
WordPress provides some status options including “Draft” and “Published”. Permissions Pro enables you to design a far more advanced workflow. Each status you create can have its unique own permissions.
- Go to “Permissions” in your WordPress admin menu.
- Click the “Post Statuses” link.
- You will see that “Pending”, “Approved” and “Scheduled” are available by default.
Theses statuses are available for unpublished post. In the image below, you can see them in the “Post Statues” dropdown:
You can control who has access to these statuses by using the Groups feature in PublishPress Permissions.
- Go to Permissions > Groups in your WordPress admin menu.
- Click “edit” for one of the groups. In the image below, I'm doing that for Authors:
You can now add give Authors extra permissions. In the image below, I'm allow Authors to act as “Editors” for posts with the “Member” status. This means the Authors will be able to edit any posts with this status.