How to use the WooCommerce Checklist Add-on
You can access the WooCommerce Checklist configuration screen by clicking on the “PublishPress” link.
After the menu loads, click on the “Checklist” tab.
PublishPress WooCommerce Checklist doesn’t appear on WooCommerce by default.
- You need to select the “Products” post type for use with the Checklist:
- Check the Product content type and click on “Save Changes”.
- Load a product, and check the new box in the right sidebar:
Displaying a warning icon in the “Publish” box
If selected, this option will ask the plugin to monitor the requirement list and display a warning icon right before the Publish button.
It checks the list of requirements and if it finds any unchecked requirement (even not required ones), displays a warning icon.
The icon only is displayed if the current content is not published. Once you publish it, the icon won’t appear, even if the requirement list is not complete.
Selecting the Requirements
All the requirements are disabled by default. You can select just the needed ones choosing the desired behavior on the Action list.
Click on a post type to configure the respective requirements.
In the Action column, you can choose a specific action for each requirement:
- Show a sidebar message (default): If selected, this option doesn’t trigger any additional action. It only displays the item in the Checklist box.
- Show a pop-up message: If selected, the specific requirement won’t prevent users to publish. In case the requirement is not complete, it will display a pop-up with a warning message.
- Prevent publishing: If selected, the specific requirement will be required for publishing. Users won’t be able to publish if it is not complete. (Represented by an “*” in the checklist).
Creating custom requirements
If you have different needs, you are free to create your own list of requirements. Just click on the Add Custom Item:
A new requirement will be displayed with a blank text field where you can type the name of your requirement. To remove the custom item, just click on the Trash icon.
Select the respective action and after you save the options, your new requirement will be available in the checklist metabox:
All custom items act like a checkbox. You can manually check or uncheck it.