Overview of the Publish Series Feature
The Publish Series feature is available in the Free and Pro versions of PublishPress Series. This feature allows you to quickly manage all posts linked to a Series. You can use this screen to re-order, schedule publish, and unpublish all the posts in a Series.
This PublishPress Screen is available under the “Posts” link in the WordPress admin area:
In the image below, you can see the full “Publish Series” screen with 3 series waiting to be published.
Here are some of the tools on this screen that you can use to manage your series:
- Update order: This allows you to change the order of the posts in your series.
- Publish all: Either publish the whole series now, or schedule it for the future.
- Unpublish all: Instantly remove all the posts in the series from your site.
- View series in admin: Allows you to browse all the posts in the series in your WordPress dashboard.
- View series in frontend: Takes you to the visitors' view of this series.
Let me introduce each of two these features in more detail in the next part of this gudie.
If you click on “Update order” you will be taken to the screen show in the image below. This feature allows you to drag-and-drop the posts in the Series into a new order. Take a look at the image below and you'll see that movies are in wrong order (if you don't like Star Wars, you'll have to trust us on this).
You can select each row and drag and post into it's correct position. You don't have to use this screen. You can also select the order of posts via the main “Posts” screen and while editing each post in the series.
The “Publish all” button will also take you to a new screen. In the right sidebar, you can choose a publishing date for all the posts in this series.
If you choose the current date, the posts will publish immediately. If you choose a date in the future, all the posts in the series will be scheduled. In the image below, you can see that 3 posts in this series are scheduled for future publication.